STATE GYM TO REOPEN JUNE 15
State Gym to reopen with limited hours and capacity; cardio and weight equipment by reservation only
- Reserve cardio and weight equipment online for 45-minute intervals
- Open Monday through Friday
- 8:00am to 8:45am high-risk members only (reservation done at check-in)
- 9:00am to 5:00pm online reservation required
AMES, IA – 06/10/2020
State Gym will reopen on June 15, 2020, with limited hours and capacity. Recreation Services is hopeful that our students and ISU community can begin to reengage in activities to help meet their health and wellbeing needs while reconnecting with Iowa State University. Over the last few weeks, our staff has been working diligently to prepare for the opening by cleaning, sanitizing, and disinfecting surfaces within State Gym and have implemented the revised process for your return.
The revised process upon the reopening of State Gym is:
- Register online at register.recservices.iastate.edu to reserve the equipment or machine(s) you would like to utilize. Reservations are restricted to 45 minutes to allow for additional cleaning and sanitation. Registration opens 72 hours in advance.
- Participants who are able are expected to wear a cloth face covering or face shield when entering/exiting the facility and within common areas. Use of face coverings will not be required while exercising.
- Participants are encouraged to bring a water bottle as water fountains will remain out of service. Bottle filling stations will be available for use.
- 8:00am to 8:45am is designated for high-risk populations. 9:00am to 5:00pm is for participants who registered online.
- Check in with the staff member upon entering the building. Once instructed to do so, participants must use their ISU Card to enter through the turnstile. Staff will be available to assist with equipment location questions.
- Participants should stay in their designated area based upon their reservation. Participants should spray and wipe down equipment after use.
- When your reservation time period has concluded, you must exit the facility.
- If you have consecutive reservations, you must still exit the facility and check-in again.
- At this time, the following services/areas are unavailable: showers, equipment checkout, day lockers, open courts, tracks, climbing wall, and pool.
- Restrooms and State Gym rented lockers are accessible.
Outdoor Recreation will provide curbside equipment rentals with canoes, stand up paddle boards, and kayaks. The equipment reservation process begins by filling out a Google Form on the Outdoor Rec page on the Rec Services website: email@example.com/outdoors.
Stable Run Disc Golf is open at this time. Lied Recreation Athletic Center and Beyer Hall remain closed until further notice.