Small Group Training
Small group training classes are individualized fitness sessions held in a group setting that allow for more specialized attention from the instructor. The instructor will design a progressive program based on the needs of the class participants. Class sizes will be kept to 12 participants or less. We offer beginner through advanced opportunities.
The session runs for 8 weeks and meets twice a week for a total of 16 classes per session. Small Group Training is an affordable option with certified instructors too good to pass up! See session dates and registration below.
Sessions will begin the week of January 30.
Students $80 ($5/class)
Members $100 ($6.25/class)
Non-Members $160 ($10/class)
Students and Faculty/Staff – you can charge the small group training registration fee to your UBill. For this option please complete this form.
For questions please contact Muriel Hyndman, Fitness Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org
Small Group Training Sessions for Spring 2023:
Functional Training Fundamentals – Register
An introductory class for those interested in functional resistance training. The goal of functional training is to strengthen the body for activities performed in daily life and help you move and perform better in everyday activities. This class will get you comfortable with the five primary movement patterns of the body and then move into using functional training equipment such as medicine balls, kettlebells, suspension trainers, battle ropes, sand bells, and more. This is a great class to take in preparation for participating in our more intermediate and advanced group fitness classes such as our Circuit and Cross Training Fitness classes.
Women’s Weightlifting Clinic – Register
This clinic will teach women who are new to weightlifting proper form, technique, and the correct approach in the following lifts; Front Squat, Bench Press, Back Squat, Deadlift, and Push Press. The intent of this clinic is to help all participants feel comfortable with using the weight racks, barbells, and plates. Time will be spent on gym etiquette and setting up the safety features at the rack. Each session will begin in the fitness studio for a presentation on the lift of the day and time to practice with a PVC pipe. Then the group will progress to the weightlifting racks in State Gym. Note this is a skill based clinic versus a group workout.
All Small Group Training sessions are non-refundable except under the following circumstances:
- Member has a documented medical or health condition that will not allow them to use the facility
- Member will be on military deployment
- Member is faculty/staff who is no longer employed by the university
- Member is faculty/staff with a change in employment status (i.e. shift change or newly assigned remote work)
- A Cancellation/Refund Request Form must be completed for any request. Any applicable documentation must be provided to request a cancellation or refund
- Upon approval, a refund will be processed within 7-10 business days
- Approved refunds will be processed on a prorated basis and refunded back via the original method of payment