The ORP is excited to announce that we will be taking reservations and renting canoes, kayaks, and stand-up paddle boards via curbside pick-up beginning June 15th. We will be taking reservation requests using our Equipment Rental Request Form which will be available soon. We will not be taking walk-up rentals at this time so please plan accordingly. Completing the request form does not confirm your reservation, please allow us time to process your request and ensure that the equipment is safe to use. We will contact you promptly during business hours to confirm your order and schedule your pick-up, thank you in advance for your patience.
Equipment Available- Canoes, Kayaks, Paddle-Boards, Trailers, Paddles, Personal Flotation Devices, and equipment to car-top boats. Please note that paddles, personal flotation devices, and car-topping equipment is included with your rental at no additional cost.
Hours of Operation
|Monday||8:00 AM- 5:00 PM|
|Tuesday||8:00 AM- 5:00 PM|
|Wednesday||Closed for Cleaning|
|Thursday||8:00 AM- 5:00 PM|
|Friday||8:00 AM- 5:00 PM|
|Saturday and Sunday||Closed|
Steps to Make a Reservation
First, contact us for equipment availability. Here is our contact information, 515.294.8200 or email@example.com
Third, the ORP staff will call to confirm your order and take payment over the phone. We are only able to take card payments as of now.
Policies and Procedures
- Office Assistants will be the designated person to run the front desk – Fusion, phone calls, receipts, etc.
- All gear will have been cleaned and ready when picked up
- Gear will be distributed outside of the garage when possible (smaller gear in a blue bin) – renter will take gear from the bin and load it in their vehicle
- Larger gear such as canoes and kayaks will primarily be loaded by renters with assistance from ORP staff
- Staff will always wear masks
- Upon return, all equipment will be set-up by the renter for cleaning
- Cleaning procedure by ORP staff will be done with the Victory machine and equipment will be left set-up or hanging overnight
- Each set of gear returned will be isolated from other gear while sitting overnight
- Limits may be placed on the number of pieces of equipment rented and the length of time out, so equipment is available for as many participants as possible. Only staff on duty will be permitted in the ORP as a rule. Exceptions will be authorized by ORP professional staff only
Active Members– This membership applies to any person who has an active membership to Recreation Services. This includes any students, faculty, staff, or affiliates who have paid the Student Activities Fee/ Recreation Fee.
Non-Active Members– This membership applies to any person who is affiliated with ISU but has not been assessed the Student Activity Fee/ Recreation Fee
Day Rental- Equipment is rented for 1 day and 1 night. Equipment is due the day after the equipment is picked up. This is charged at the listed daily price.
Weekend Rental- Any 4-day rental period. Equipment can be checked out from Friday to Tuesday, Thursday to Monday, Monday to Thursday, or any other 4 day period. This is charged as 2 days of the listed daily price.
Additional Days- After 4 days, the equipment is it’s daily rental fee for each additional day after the weekend rental.
Example- Canoe, Kayak, or Paddle Board- Active Membership
Day Rental- 1 Day- $11
Weekend Rental- 4 days- $22
Rental for 5 days- $33
Example- Canoe, Kayak, or Paddle Board- Non-Active Membership
Day Rental- 1 Day- $19
Weekend Rental- 4 days- $38
Rental for 5 days- $56
Contact us at the ORP Rental Center for any questions about our rental program! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 515-294-8200.
Prices Per Day:
|Items||Active Member||Non-Active Member|
|Canoe Paddles (free w/ canoe rental)||$2.00||$4.00|
|Kayak – Recreational (singles)||$11.00||$19.00|
|Kayak Paddle (free w/ kayak rental)||$5.00||$9.00|
|Stand Up Paddle Board||$11.00||$19.00|
|PFD – Type II (adult & child) (free w/ canoe rental)||$1.00||$3.00|
|PFD – Type III (free w/ kayak rental)||$5.00||$9.00|