What is Personal Training?
Personal training is an opportunity to work one-on-one with a student personal trainer at Recreation Services. You will receive a program that has been individually created for your fitness level and goals. Our nationally-certified Personal Trainers have the background, knowledge, and experience essential in designing a program that will work for you.
- We will be utilizing 3 different spaces: Mind/body State 2112, Barre Studio State 2121, PT Training room State 2122.
- Each room will have equipment pre-selected to be in that space and will not be moved to other spaces.
- Trainers will monitor intensity and give frequent breaks to keep breathing rate exchange low.
- Trainer and clients must honor social distancing of 6 -10 feet depending on exercise intensity.
- No spotting or assisted stretching will be allowed without both the client and trainer wearing face coverings.
- If face coverings are unable to be worn the client(s) will need to use weights they can manage on their own or with equipment braces.
- Clients will adhere to mask guidelines set forth by the department in the required areas. Have the option to leave it on or take it off in the spaces where masks are not required.
- Outdoor PT sessions: May be offered if Client and Trainer agree and social distance is honored. Minimal equipment like cones, ladders and hurdles may be used but workouts should honor intensity and environmental conditions appropriate for client’s fitness level
How to Get Started:
Step 1: Complete this Online Personal Training Services Request Form
Step 2: Look for your confirmation email explaining the next steps for the Personal Training Services Request process.
Step 3: Confirm your fitness consultation meeting with the Personal Trainer who has sent you a fitness consultation meeting e-mail.