Fitness for Everybody
Whether you’re a beginner or a veteran, Recreation Services offers you a way to improve or maintain your fitness. Fitness classes with variable intensities ensure that there’s a class for you no matter your experience level. Personal training offers you a one-on-one experience that suits your individual needs.
Anybody with an active membership can attend a fitness class so long as they reserve their spot on the Fitness Classes page. Classes are held during the Spring, Summer and Fall semesters. To reserve your spot in any of our classes click on the red box to the right that says, “Register for Fitness Classes.”
If you prefer a one-on-one experience, we offer personal training for members. One of our 50 personal trainers will work with you to develop a workout specialized for you. All personal trainers have completed a semester in-house training program and are qualified to help you reach your goals.
Fitness on Demand
Want to workout along with your favorite Iowa State Fitness Student Instructors from the comfort of your home? Try our subscription streaming service: Fitness on Demand.
Click here for a free 6 video preview!
Fitness Class Guidelines
- The number of class participants will be limited by the size of the space to be sure everyone is able to keep at least 6 feet apart in low/moderate intensity classes and at least 10 feet apart in higher intensity classes.
- The floor will be marked with painters tape to designate the center of each person’s space.
- Transition times between classes will be increased to at least 30 minutes to provide time for cleaning and ensure class participants in the studio do not overlap.
- All equipment will be disinfected by our staff after each class.
- Participants must arrive to class before it begins. Check-in will happen outside of the door to any fitness spaces and the participant will be directed to a certain space. Entry will not be allowed into the class once it has started.
- Participants will be asked to bring their own yoga mats.
- Cubbies in 2218/1218 will be blocked off to keep people socially distanced. Lockers in Beyer 2420 cannot be used. People will be advised to bring the least amount of belongings as possible into the gym.
- Fans will be kept off in all of the spaces as some research has shown this can propel respiratory droplets.
- Doors will remain closed due to the greater risk of interruption from late participants. We do not believe keeping the doors open will have a large impact on circulation.