The Lied Recreation Athletic Center main floor track, turf and courts will be closed Thursday, January 19 – Saturday, January 21 due to the ISU Cyclone Open track meet. The 3rd floor fitness center will be open as usual. Parking will be limited.
Lied Recreation Athletic Center
518 Beach Rd
Ames, IA 50011-1430
Service Desk phone #: (515) 294-7140
Pay-for-parking spaces are available to use on the south side of the building in Lot 100. General Parking spaces west of Lied may be used weeknights after 5:30 PM – 7:00 AM and on weekends – Friday after 5:30 PM until Monday 7:00 AM.
All users, omitting guests, must present a valid ISUCard encrypted with the current version number in order to enter Lied Rec Center. See Membership for detailed information on who can use the facility and costs for memberships, passes, and locker rental. Guests must show a current photo ID to enter.
Equipment Checkout is closed until further notice.
Current Recreation Services members that are 18 years of age or older may bring up to four (4) guests (under the age of 18) and one other adult dependent/guest during Family Hours.
Family Hours at State Gym, Beyer, and Lied Recreation Center are Saturday and Sunday from 12:00 PM – 5:00 PM. Hours may vary. Please confirm facility hours prior to arrival.
Space is available to reserve for tournaments, student groups, and special programs. A Facility Request Form must be submitted two weeks prior to the event.
Iowa State Athletics has priority over the 1st-floor track and turf area which is closed Monday-Friday 2PM – 6PM Fall and Spring semesters for track practice when classes are in session.
- 20 Basketball Courts
- 8 Badminton/Volleyball Courts
- 50YD x 60YD Artificial Turf
- 8 Racquetball Courts
- 2 Indoor Tracks – Upper track- 5.5 laps/1 mile – Lower track- 5.33 laps/1 mile
- 94 Pieces of weight and cardio equipment with cable television and phone connection
- Bouldering Wall
- Locker rooms with lockers to rent
- Men’s & Women’s Steam Rooms
- Day Use Lockers (located on the 3rd floor) – No overnight storage/Locks reset & lockers cleared out every evening before close
- Stretching / Warm-Up Area
- Boxing Studio
- Functional training equipment space
- Student Lounge Area