Face Mask Policy
- Face masks are required at all times while inside of State Gym.
- Face masks are required at all times while inside of Beyer Hall; face coverings are not required for swimmers in the water at Beyer Pool.
- Face masks are required at all times while inside of the Lied Recreation Athletic Center.
- Mouth and nose must be completely covered. Face shields may not be worn alone, but are allowed when worn in addition to a mask.
- Due to social/physical distancing recommendations, all Rec Services facilities will operate with a reduced capacity. Check here for up-to-date user counts.
- Face masks are not required while in the shower.
Closed: Upper track, racquetball courts, TRX area, boxing room, steam rooms, badminton courts
Lied Recreation Athletic Center
518 Beach Rd.
Ames, IA 50011-1430
Service Desk ph#515-294-7140
Pay-for-parking spaces are available to use on the south side of the building in Lot 100. General Parking spaces west of Lied may be used weeknights after 5:30 PM – 7:00 AM and on weekends – Friday after 5:30 PM until Monday 7:00 AM.
All users, omitting guests, must present a valid ISUCard encrypted with the current version number in order to gain access to State Gymnasium. See Membership for detailed information on who can use the facility and cost for passes and locker rental. Guests must show a current photo ID to gain entrance.
Due to COVID-19, there will not be equipment checkout until further notice.
Those with current Rec Pass holders, that are 18 years or older, have the ability to bring guests under the age of 18 during family hours and another adult dependent/guest. Each Rec Pass holder would be allowed up to four children plus one other adult dependent/guest. Click here for rates, restrictions and policies.
Family Hours at State Gym, Beyer, and Lied Recreation Center are Saturday and Sunday from 12:00 PM – 5:00 PM. These hours may vary during holiday periods. Please confirm facilities hours for availability.
Space is available to reserve for tournaments, student groups and special programs. A Facility Request Form must be submitted two weeks prior to the event.
Iowa State Athletics has priority over the 1st floor track and turf area which is closed Monday-Friday 2PM – 6PM Fall and Spring semesters for track practice when classes are in session.
- 20 Basketball Courts
- 8 Badminton/Volleyball Courts
- 50YD x 60YD Artificial Turf
- 8 Racquetball Courts
- 2 Indoor Tracks – Upper track- 5.5 laps/1 mile – Lower track- 5.33 laps/1 mile
- 94 Pieces of weight and cardio equipment with cable television and phone connection
- Bouldering Wall
- Locker rooms with lockers to rent
- Men’s & Women’s Steam Rooms
- Day Use Lockers (located on the 3rd floor) – No overnight storage/Locks reset & lockers cleared out every evening before close
- Stretching / Warm-Up Area
- Boxing Studio
- Functional training equipment space
- Student Lounge Area