Beyer Hall is located on the west side of campus and is connected to State Gym by skywalk. Beyer Hall houses racquetball, basketball, volleyball, and squash courts, a functional training room, and a 75-ft long swimming pool. Beyer Hall is a great place not only to exercise, but to have a great time, too!
Check out this virtual tour of Iowa State University. You can find Beyer Hall listed to the left.
2625 Union Dr.
Ames, IA 50011-2029
Service Desk ph#515-294-2466
Prepay Parking meter spaces are available outside of Beyer Hall on the west side of the Thielen Student Health Center. Additional Prepay Parking meter spaces are available south of State Gym.
All users, omitting guests, must present a valid ISUCard encrypted with the current version number in order to gain access to Beyer Hall. See Membership for detailed information on who can use the facility and cost for passes and locker rental. Guests must show a current photo ID to gain entrance.
Recreation equipment for daily use may be checked out at the Beyer Hall Service Desk by presenting a valid ISUCard encrypted with the current version number. Volleyballs, basketballs, badminton equipment, towels, and other equipment are available for checkout. Additional equipment is available in State Gym for check out.
Those with current Rec Pass holders, that are 18 years or older, have the ability to bring guests under the age of 18 during family hours and another adult dependent/guest. Each Rec Pass holder would be allowed up to four children plus one other adult dependent/guest.
Family Hours at State Gym, Beyer Hall, and Lied Recreation Center are Saturday and Sunday from 12:00 PM – 5:00 PM. These hours may vary during holiday periods. Please confirm facilities hours for availability.
Space is available to reserve for tournaments, student groups and special programs. A Facility Request Form must be submitted two weeks prior to the event.
- 3 Basketball courts
- Outdoor Basketball courts
- 3 Volleyball courts
- Swimming Pool: Competitive Pool-Length 75ft
- Functional Training Room with TRX suspension trainers; kettle bells; training ropes; Strength Training classes offered through Group Fitness
- Skywalk featuring Precor Ellipticals that connects Beyer Hall to the State Gym addition
- Locker rooms with lockers to rent and individual changing/shower rooms
- Day Use Lockers (located on bottom floor) – No overnight storage/Locks reset & lockers cleared out every evening before close
- Athletics gymnastics program