Fall 2020 Updates
Beyer Hall Fall Hours
- Monday – Friday: 6 am – 10 pm
- Saturday: 12 pm – 6 pm
- Sunday: 12 pm – 10 pm
Face Covering Policy
- Face coverings are required at all times while inside of State Gym.
- Face coverings are required at all times while inside of Beyer Hall; face coverings are not required for swimmers in the water at Beyer Pool.
- Face coverings are required at all times while inside of the Lied Recreation Athletic Center.
- Due to social/physical distancing recommendations, all Rec Services facilities will operate with a reduced capacity. Check here for up-to-date user counts.
Available: Pool, locker rooms, classrooms, storage areas, IM t-shirt office, racquetball/squash courts, basketball courts, Beyer Weight Club Room, functional training room for designated classes only, athletic training room, gymnastics room, athletic locker rooms, athletic department training and equipment room
Closed: day-use lockers, volleyball courts
Capacity: Reduced capacity to allow for proper social/physical distancing
- Reservations are required and can be made via our website. Check-in with Beyer desk; questions in the pool area can be directed to the lifeguard sitting on the east end of the pool deck.
- Drop-in spots will open up at 10 minutes past the reservation times, if full. Members will be asked to wait on deck, with mask, on a spot marked with an “X” on wall benches
- 2 swimmers in each lane (6) = 12 in total
- 2 swimmers in diving well = 2 in total
- Click here to reserve your spot up to 72 hours in advance.
Beyer Hall is located on the west side of campus and is connected to State Gym by skywalk. Beyer Hall houses racquetball, basketball, volleyball, and squash courts, a functional training room, and a 75-ft long swimming pool. Beyer Hall is a great place not only to exercise, but to have a great time, too!
Check out this virtual tour of Iowa State University. You can find Beyer Hall listed to the left.
2625 Union Dr.
Ames, IA 50011-2029
Service Desk ph#515-294-2466
Prepay Parking meter spaces are available outside of Beyer Hall on the west side of the Thielen Student Health Center. Additional Prepay Parking meter spaces are available south of State Gym.
All users, omitting guests, must present a valid ISUCard encrypted with the current version number in order to gain access to Beyer Hall. See Membership for detailed information on who can use the facility and cost for passes and locker rental. Guests must show a current photo ID to gain entrance.
Due to COVID-19, there will not be equipment checkout until further notice.
Those with current Rec Pass holders, that are 18 years or older, have the ability to bring guests under the age of 18 during family hours and another adult dependent/guest. Each Rec Pass holder would be allowed up to four children plus one other adult dependent/guest.
Family Hours at State Gym, Beyer Hall, and Lied Recreation Center are Saturday and Sunday from 12:00 PM – 5:00 PM. These hours may vary during holiday periods. Please confirm facilities hours for availability.
Space is available to reserve for tournaments, student groups and special programs. A Facility Request Form must be submitted two weeks prior to the event.
- 3 Basketball courts
- Outdoor Basketball courts
- 3 Volleyball courts
- Swimming Pool: Competitive Pool-Length 75ft
- Functional Training Room with TRX suspension trainers; kettle bells; training ropes; Strength Training classes offered through Group Fitness
- Skywalk featuring Precor Ellipticals that connects Beyer Hall to the State Gym addition
- Locker rooms with lockers to rent and individual changing/shower rooms
- Day Use Lockers (located on bottom floor) – No overnight storage/Locks reset & lockers cleared out every evening before close
- Athletics gymnastics program