2625 Union Dr
Ames, IA 50011-2029
Service Desk phone #: (515) 294-2466
Prepay Parking meter spaces are available outside of Beyer Hall on the west side of the Thielen Student Health Center. Additional Prepay Parking meter spaces are available south of State Gym.
All users, omitting guests, must present a valid ISUCard encrypted with the current version number in order to enter Beyer Hall. See Membership for detailed information on who can use the facility and costs for memberships, passes, and locker rental. Guests must show a current photo ID to enter.
Equipment Checkout is closed until further notice.
Current Recreation Services members that are 18 years of age or older may bring up to four (4) guests (under the age of 18) and one other adult dependent/guest during Family Hours.
Family Hours at State Gym, Beyer, and Lied Recreation Center are Saturday and Sunday from 12:00 PM – 5:00 PM. Hours may vary. Please confirm facility hours prior to arrival.
Space is available to reserve for tournaments, student groups, and special programs. A Facility Request Form must be submitted two weeks prior to the event.
- 3 Basketball courts
- Outdoor Basketball courts
- 3 Volleyball courts
- Swimming Pool: Competitive Pool-Length 75ft
- Functional Training Room with TRX suspension trainers; kettlebells; training ropes; Strength Training classes offered through Group Fitness
- Skywalk featuring Precor Ellipticals that connects Beyer Hall to State Gym
- Locker rooms with lockers to rent and individual changing/shower rooms
- Day Use Lockers (located on bottom floor) – No overnight storage/Locks reset & lockers cleared out every evening before close
- Athletics Gymnastics program
Beyer Pool is available for open lap swim. View Summer 2022 Facility Hours for schedule.