Assumption of Risk
By participating in activities or using equipment and facilities offered by ISU Recreation Services, patrons knowingly and voluntarily ASSUME ANYAND ALL RISK of injuries, regardless of severity, which may occur as a result of participation in aquatics, sport clubs, group fitness, intramurals, outdoor recreation (climbing or bouldering wall), self-directed exercise and/or other activities provided by Recreation Services. Recreation Services is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
All Recreation Services patrons are expected to be responsible, courteous, and safety conscious at all times. Disorderly conduct, abuse or misuse of the facility or its equipment, or disregard for policies will not be tolerated. Usage privileges may be revoked or suspended for policy violation at any time.
Policies are posted on site and are located at specific areas throughout the recreation facilities. All Recreation Services policies can be located on our website. All policies outlined in the Student Disciplinary Regulations (Code of Conduct) will be enforced. The Student Disciplinary Regulations (Code of Conduct) can be found on the ISU Website under the Policy Library.
Violators will be required to leave the facility and may be subject to disciplinary action. Violators of Recreation Services policies may also be suspended from using the facilities and programs. Users who are suspended will not have any portion of their fees refunded.
- All users must present a valid ISUCard upon entry or be sponsored by a member and purchase a daily guest pass
- Recreation Services reserves the right to refuse admittance. Upon request an ISU ID or pass must be shown to staff.
- Entry to and exit from the facility must be through controlled access points only. Other exits should be used for emergencies only.
- Shirts must be worn at all times other than in the pool or locker rooms.
- Shirts cannot have an armpit gap more than the width of your hand.
- Tank tops cannot have an armpit gap more than the width of your hand.
- Torso cannot be exposed: no sports bras only.
- No skins and shirts basketball games allowed. All patrons must appropriate shirts.
- Shorts cannot expose buttocks.
- Clothing cannot contain offensive language.
- Appropriate, clean, closed toe, non-marking, athletic shoes are required in all activity areas. Street shoes or shoes that mark the floors are prohibited.
- Intramurals, Sport Clubs, Campus Organizations, University Affiliations and groups with advanced reservations approved through the Recreation Services scheduling office have priority over all other groups.
- Racquetball and squash court participants are given priority over other activities in those designated courts.
- Non-university groups conducting organized practices may ONLY use the courts on a space-available, hourly rental basis. Details available at Recreation Services central administrative offices.
- No type of sports activities are allowed in hallways.
- Hanging from rims or nets is prohibited.
- Bicycles, scooters, in-line skates and skateboards of any style, are prohibited from being used inside Recreation Services facilities.
- The use of audio devices is restricted to Recreation Services staff. Please use headphones/earbuds to listen to your audio content.
- Animals are not permitted in facilities except trained service animals. Companion animals are not allowed.
- Only non-alcoholic beverages in closed, re-sealable plastic containers are allowed in activity areas. Gum, tobacco and alcoholic beverages are not allowed. Food is not allowed unless permitted otherwise.
- Solicitation, private classes, personal training, or any other activity associated with personal gain is not permitted.
Lied Athletic Recreation Center
- The Athletic Department has priority over the main floor area in the Lied Recreation Athletic Center Monday – Friday from 2 PM – 6 PM and Saturday from 8 AM- Noon during the fall and spring semesters.
- In the Lied Recreation Athletic Center, footballs are permitted on the turf, but cannot be kicked or punted.
- In the Lied Recreation Athletic Center, pass holders with young children may walk their child in a stroller, on the lower track, between 8 AM and Noon, Monday through Friday. Children must remain in the stroller times.
- Sports such as but not limited to: baseball, softball, cricket, golf, lacrosse and soccer are limited to only the Lied Recreation Athletic Center during scheduled reserved club times or during morning hours when other patron’s safety is not at risk from the activity. Building Supervisors will make this determination and at any time may end the activity.
- Sport Clubs may practice during scheduled times with limits to control play in a safe manner.
- Iowa State University and the Department of Recreation Services does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, ethnicity, religion, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, sex, marital status, disability, or status as a U.S. Veteran. Inquiries can be directed to the Office of Equal Opportunity and Compliance, 3350 Beardshear Hall, (515) 294-7612.
- Recreation Services is committed to assuring that its facilities, programs, or services are free from discriminatory, inappropriate, and disrespectful conduct or communication.
- Verbal or written abuse, threats, intimidation, violence, or other forms of harassment towards participants or staff will not be tolerated.
- All participants and staff are expected to respect the rights of others and to be civil, effective citizens of the ISU community.
- Recreation Services patrons may participate in programs and utilize facilities in a manner consistent with their gender identity.
- The Recreation Services Department normally takes photographs, video, and/or tape recordings of our various programs, activities, or special events. During these various programs, a photograph or video/audio recording may be taken of you. Unless you request otherwise, your participation will be considered permission for Iowa State University and the Department of Recreation Services to photograph, film, audio/video tape, record and/or televise your image and/or voice use in any publications or promotional materials, in any medium now known or developed in the future without any restrictions. If you object to Recreation Services using your image or voice in this manner, please notify the Department of Recreation Services.
- Any individual(s) who seeks to film (photograph/video), interview, or conduct class projects in any Recreation Services facility must first receive permission from the Facilities staff. Taking pictures via cameras, video cameras, and video ready cell phones is strictly prohibited in the pool, men’s and women’s locker rooms and rest rooms
- Facility Reservations
- Assumption of Risk
- Beyer Hall Athletics & Cardinal Gymnastics
- Beyer Hall Multipurpose Room
- Beyer Hall Sport Clubs Storage Access
- Bicycles, scooters, in-line skates and skateboards
- Bulletin Boards, Banners, Flyers and Tabling in Rec Facilities
- Disciplinary Guidelines
- Entry Policy
- Facilities Dress Code
- Facility Reservations
- Facility Usage – All Patrons
- Fitness Area Policies
- General Guidelines
- ID Card Forgiveness
- ISU Outdoor Field Policies
- Locker Rentals
- Locker Rooms, Restrooms, & Steam Room Policies
- Lost & Found
- Lost ISU Cards
- Non-Discrimination – Accessibility Policy
- Participation Agreement
- Participation Agreement- Dependent
- Pool Rules – State Gym Pool & Spa
- Pool Rules -Beyer Hall
- Racquetball & Squash Courts
- Service Animal Policy
- Social Media Photo/Video
- State Gym Multipurpose & Storage Access
- Stroller Policy
- Assumption of Risk