Who doesn’t love flirting at the gym? Being out of breath, sweaty, and tired creates a perfect storm to meet the love of your life. OK, I’m kidding. I for one believe gyms can be intimidating when people are rude and inconsiderate. Sometimes I just want to get a workout in without being bothered by the person squatting next to me.
With that said, I think it’s a good time to mention Recreation Service’s beliefs on the whole matter. We have some very specific policies covering how we should treat and approach each other at facilities, in fitness classes, and during Intramurals. We follow the University’s Code of Conduct when it comes to student engagement, harassment, and sexual misconduct. Iowa State defines sexual harassment as “Unwelcome behavior (verbal, written, physical) that is directed at someone because of that person’s sex or gender, and that meets certain criteria as defined in the University policy.” This behavior would include unwanted pickup lines, unwanted photography, or even unwanted conversations.
So with that disclaimer and after a lot of research, blood, sweat, and tears; we are here to bring you the 11 best (or worst) pickup lines to use at the gym.
- Do you have any tape? Because I’m totally ripped.
- Would you like to go on a long, romantic walk on the treadmill?
- Do you climb? Because I think you’re a rock star.
- Your eyes are bluer than State Gym Pool.
- Me without you is like a bar without weights.
- Did you fart during that squat? Because you just blew me away.
- Today is my rest day, but you make my heart do speed work.
- If you were the Boston Marathon, would I qualify?
- I’m whey into you.
- Do you have a band-aid? Because I tripped on the Stairmaster falling for you.
- You look like belationship material.
As great as some of these pickup lines may seem, remember that you are at the gym. You are there to get a workout in, and so is everyone else. Be considerate of your fellow gym-goers, kill that workout at Rec Services, and have fun along the way!