State Gym is located on the west side of campus. It was recently renovated in 2012 and now offers a variety of new amenities such as the rock climbing wall and a leisure pool with a high-dive. State gym is a great place not only to exercise, but to have a great time, too!
Check out this virtual tour of Iowa State University. You can find State Gym listed to the left.
2642 Union Dr.
Ames, IA 50011-2029
Service Desk ph#515-294-6640
Prepay Parking meter spaces are available outside of State Gym on the south side of the building.
All users, omitting guests, must present a valid ISUCard encrypted with the current version number in order to gain access to State Gymnasium. See Eligibility and Fees for detailed information on who can use the facility and cost for passes and locker rental. Guests must show a current photo ID to gain entrance.
Recreation equipment for daily use may be checked out at the State Gym Service Desk by presenting a valid ISUCard encrypted with the current version number. Volleyballs, basketballs, badminton equipment, towels, and other equipment are available for checkout.
Those with current Rec Pass holders, that are 18 years or older, have the ability to bring guests under the age of 18 during family hours and another adult dependent/guest. Each Rec Pass holder would be allowed up to four children plus one other adult dependent/guest. Click here for rates, restrictions and policies.
Family Hours at State Gym, Beyer, and Lied Recreation Center are Saturday and Sunday from 12:00 PM – 5:00 PM. These hours may vary during holiday periods. Please confirm facilities hours for availability.
Space is available to reserve for tournaments, student groups and special programs. A Facility Request Form must be submitted two weeks prior to the event.
Current reservations for this facility are below. (Updated 11/02/17)
|11/12/17||12:00 PM – 5:00 PM||Chinese Students Association||East Main Basketball|
|11/12/17||5:00 PM – 9:00 PM||ISU Men’s Basketball Club||East Main Basketball|
- 5 Basketball courts
- 3 Volleyball/9 Badminton Courts
- 125 Pieces of weight and cardio equipment with cable television and phone connection
- 2 Indoor running tracks – West track- 8 laps/1 mile – East track- 12 laps/1 mile
- Indoor leisure pool with 25 person spa; vortex; 3 meter diving platform; water basketball; water volleyball; 3 lap swim lanes, 16’ x 9’ television
- 40 ft. Rock climbing wall and a 13 ft. bouldering wall
- Fitness Suite with yoga and Pilates/Barre fitness classrooms
- Cycling Studio
- 2 Multipurpose activity rooms
- Skywalk featuring Precor Ellipticals that connects the State Gym addition to Beyer Hall
- Locker rooms with lockers to rent and individual changing/shower rooms
- Day Use Lockers (located on main floor) – No overnight storage/Locks reset & lockers cleared out every evening before close
- Recreation Services Administration Offices
- Outdoor Recreation Program Office
- Froots: Fresh Smoothies, Salads and Wraps
State Gym has a LEED Platinum Certification. To read about these green features click here.